Mayo Clinic's blood disorder researchers are actively studying new ways of treating chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Blood cell and bone marrow cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center research initiatives include studying hematological malignancies, including B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
See a list of publications on chronic lymphocytic leukemia by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 19, 2016
- Lichtman MA, et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related diseases. In: Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/. Accessed Jan. 22, 2016.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014 http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/sites/default/files/file_assets/cll.pdf. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/leukemia/patient/cll-treatment-pdq. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- When cancer doesn't go away. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandaftertreatment/when-cancer-doesnt-go-away. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Berger AM, et al. Cancer-related fatigue, version 2.2015. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2015;13:1012.
- Shanafelt TD, et al. Phase 2 trial of daily, oral polyphenon E in patients with asymptomatic, Rai stage 0 to II chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cancer. 2013;119:363.
- Green tea. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com/home.aspx. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- D'Arena G, et al. Regulatory T cell modulation by green tea in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology. 2013;26:117.
- Gazya (prescribing information). South San Francisco, Calif.: Genentech, Inc.: 2013. http://www.gazyva.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Imbruvica (prescribing information). Sunnyvale, Calif.: Pharmacyclics, Inc.: 2014. http://www.imbruvica.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Zydelig (prescribing information). Foster City, Calif.: Gilead Sciences, Inc.: 2014. https://www.zydelig.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Revlimid (prescribing information). Summit, NJ: Celgene Corporation: 2015. http://www.revlimid.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia