Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Chronic kidney disease. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 21, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Chronic kidney disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 21, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Chronic kidney disease (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Bope ET, et al. The urogenital tract. In: Conn's Current Therapy 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- About chronic kidney disease: A guide for patients and their families. National Kidney Foundation. http://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/aboutckd.cfm. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- Rosenberg M. Overview of the management of chronic kidney disease in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 21, 2016.
- Coping effectively: A guide for patients and their families. The National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/coping_effectively_guide. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- Chronic kidney disease: What does it mean for me? National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-communication-programs/nkdep/a-z/kidney-disease-mean-for-me/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed April 28, 2016.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) and diet: Assessment, management and treatment. National Kidney Disease Education Program. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-communication-programs/nkdep/a-z/Documents/ckd-diet-assess-manage-treat-508.pdf. Accessed April 28, 2016.
- Kidney failure: Choosing a treatment that's right for you. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/kidney-disease/kidney-failure-choosing-a-treatment-thats-right-for-you/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 23, 2016.
- Heilman RL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Ariz. May 12, 2016.