Your skin's appearance will help your doctor make a diagnosis. He or she may also suggest blood tests, a wound culture or other tests to help rule out other conditions.
Feb. 11, 2015
- Cellulitis. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec10/ch119/ch119b.html. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Baddour LM. Cellulitis and erysipelas. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Keller EC, et al. Distinguishing cellulitis from its mimics. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2012;79:547.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Cellulitis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Skin care. American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/skin-care.html. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.