Sept. 01, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.8 studies in Brain aneurysm
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to obtain human placentas from obstetric patients giving birth at Mayo Clinic. We then plan to produce model aneurysms within the placentas using a validated methodology. Model placentas will then be used for training purposes in a microsurgical lab available to all neurosurgical residents.
The purpose of this study is to develop an increased understanding of the role of connective tissue structural abnormalities and impaired function (i.e. wound healing) in the development of intracranial aneurysms.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
This study will look at how a new investigational software program, called the Endovantage Interventional Suite (EVIS), can help your doctor better plan surgeries like yours through computer simulation. The software allows your doctor to see how the chosen medical device(s) will perform when it is placed in the blood vessel in your brain. We hope to determine if the computer simulation is realistic and indeed accurately shows your doctor exactly what happened at the time of surgery. If the computer simulation is an accurate reflection of the actual surgery, then the software could help your doctor take better care of future patients with brain aneurysms through improved planning before surgery is performed.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the MicroVention Flow Redirection Intraluminal Device (FRED) system when used in the treatment of wide-necked intracranial aneurysms.
The primary objective of this study is to gather post market data on the Penumbra SMART Coil™ System in the treatment of intracranial aneurysms and other malformations.
The purpose of this study is to track the use and potential complications of Neuroform Stent for treating intracranial aneurysms
The purpose of this study is to determine if patients receiving Remote ischemic conditioning (RIC) prior to elective endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms will have a reduction in rates of cerebral ischemia as detected onimaging when compared to a group of historical controls. Our secondary aim is to determine if patients who receive ischemic preconditioning have any elevation in serum markers for cerebral ischemia.
The purpose of this study is to see how much gabapentin will reduce headaches associated with subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) and to reduce the amount of narcotic pain medication prescribed.
- Williams LN, et al. Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms. Neurology Clinical Practice. 2013;3:99.
- Meyers PM, et al. Indications for the performance of intracranial endovascular neurointerventional procedures: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention, Stroke Council, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, Interdisciplinary Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Interdisciplinary Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research. Circulation. 2009;119:2235.
- Cerebral aneurysm fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Cerebral aneurysm. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Cerebral%20Aneurysm.aspx. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Singer RJ, et al. Unruptured intracranial aneurysms. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Raper DM, et al. Seizures after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: A systematic review of outcomes. World Neurosurgery. 2013;79:682.
- Brown RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 9, 2014.
- Brown RD, et al. Screening for brain aneurysm in the Familial Intracranial Aneurysm study: Frequency and predictors of lesion detection. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2008;108:1132.
- Hasan DM, et al. Aspirin as a promising agent for decreasing incidence of cerebral aneurysm. Stroke. 2011;42:3156.
- Lanzino G (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 18, 2014.
- Brinjikji W, et al. Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with flow diverters: A meta-analysis. Stroke. 2013;44:442.
- Brinjikji W, et al. Estimating the proportion of intracranial aneurysms likely to be amenable to treatment with the pipeline embolization device. Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery. 2013;5:45.
- Stryker Neurovascular. Safety and Effectiveness of an Intracranial Aneurysm Embolization System for Treating Large or Giant Wide Neck Aneurysms (SCENT). ClinicalTrials.gov. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01716117?term=aneurysm&rank=1. Accessed March 20, 2014.