Below are current clinical trials.3 studies in Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Current treatments for ARAS based on restoring blood flow alone have been unsuccessful at recovering kidney function. For this reason we are studying a stem cell product called "mesenchymal stem cells" or MSC. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are grown from a person's own fat tissue (obtained as a fat biopsy) and infused back into the patient's own kidney. This study is also being done to determine if the MSC infusion prior to percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty with stenting (PTRA) further enhances changes in single kidney blood flow and restoration of kidney function, as well as to assess the relationship between MSC dose and measures of kidney function.
Since Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) emerged as a significant tool for detection of early coronary atherosclerosis, we are maintaining an ongoing registry of those patients who have had this procedure done to provide more information regardint the successful interpretation of these intravascular ultrasound (IVUS).
The risk of ischemic stroke in patients with Intracranial Atherosclerotic Disease (ICAD) ranges from 7 to 24 %. Developed specifically for the treatment of ICAD, the Wingspan Stent System and Gateway PTA Balloon Catheter delivers new options for ischemic stroke.
Aug. 04, 2017
- What is atherosclerosis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/atherosclerosis/#. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Atherosclerosis. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/WhyCholesterolMatters/Atherosclerosis_UCM_305564_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Zhao X. Pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Mohler ER. Epidemiology, risk factors, pathogenesis and natural history of abdominal aortic aneurysm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 19, 2015.
- Smith SC, et al. American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation Secondary prevention and risk reduction therapy for patients with coronary and other atherosclerotic vascular disease: 2011 update. Circulation. 2011;124:2458.
- James PA, et al. 2014 evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: Report from the panel members appointed to the Eighth Joint National Committee (JNC 8). JAMA. 2014;311:507.
- Natural product effectiveness checker: High cholesterol. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Natural product effectiveness checker: Atherosclerosis. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Natural product effectiveness checker: Hypertension. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2015.
- Mohler ER, et al. Noninvasive diagnosis of arterial disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 19, 2015.
- Lopez-Jimenez F, et al. A summary and critical assessment of the 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk in adults: Filling the gaps. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1257.
- Tapson VF. Fibrinolytic (thrombolytic) therapy in acute pulmonary embolism and lower extremity deep vein thrombosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 19, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 18, 2015.
Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis