Mayo Clinic Children's Center includes providers from over 40 medical and surgical specialties, all focused on children's health care needs. Each year, our teams provide expert care to children and teens, from common problems to the most complex situations.
Why choose Mayo Clinic Children's Center?
- Expertise and experience. Experts at Mayo Clinic Children's Center have significant expertise and experience in treating complex and rare pediatric diseases, attracting large numbers of patients. This experience enables our pediatricians to use this collective knowledge to provide the best answers for your child's needs.
- Team approach, tailored to your child's needs — now and future. A team of medical professionals from various specialties will work with you to set goals, develop a customized plan based on your child's needs and monitor progress. In addition, pediatric and adult experts work together to provide the best expertise at the right time as your child grows older. Mayo Clinic provides a continuum of care throughout any stage of life.
- Advanced technology, innovative treatments and the latest research. Mayo Clinic's pediatric experts use state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment techniques and the latest technology. In addition, our medical professionals continue working toward discovering innovative therapies and developing the best care models to help children and their families.
At Mayo Clinic Children's Center, we have a number of pediatric specialties and integrated services that encompass our expertise.
Aug. 26, 2014
- Comprehensive children's hospital and outpatient services. In Mayo Clinic's family-friendly environment, medical experts from many specialties work as a team to meet your child's specific needs, whether inpatient or outpatient. As a Magnet hospital recognized for nursing excellence, our children are cared for by dedicated pediatric nurses trained for the special needs of children and families. Child life specialists offer unique services for our smallest patients. We also provide medical transport services, critical care response teams, pediatric pharmacists, dietitians, social workers, family advisors, spiritual care and many more pediatric services.
- Children's Research Center at Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists are at the forefront of research, including groundbreaking clinical trials, and continually advance new treatment options to improve healthcare for newborns, children and teenagers.
- Global Child Health. The Global Child Health program of Mayo Clinic Children's Center improves the health of the world's children through targeted educational and research activities. Many Mayo Clinic Children's Center staff personally volunteer to provide clinical care in areas of the world that have limited resources.