Alyx B. Porter, M.D., is a neurologist with subspecialty certification in neuro-oncology. Her clinical focus includes:
- Benign tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Brain metastases
- Neurological complications of systemic cancer and cancer treatment
Her research interests include improving the quality of life for patients with glioblastoma as well as furthering the understanding of gliomagenesis and patterns of recurrence.
Dr. Porter is part of the faculty for the Communication in Healthcare course for other physicians and is the director of the Cultural Humility Course for Mayo Clinic School of Medicine in Arizona.
- Malignancies of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Neurologic complications from systemic malignancies and their treatment
Mayo Clinic Locations
FellowDivision of Neuro-Oncology, Department of Neurology
ResidentDepartment of Neurology
InternshipDepartment of Internal Medicine
MDTemple University School of Medicine
BA - English, Minor in BiochemistrySpelman College
Activities and Honors