- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Cardiovascular Medicine The Johns Hopkins Hospital and School of Medicine
- Internship/Residency - Internal Medicine Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- MD University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
- BS - Biochemistry, Honors Program University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Director, Circulatory Failure Research, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 2012-present
- Master's Faculty Privileges in Clinical and Translational Science, Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 2012-present
My research interests are focused on the mechanisms, diagnosis and treatment of heart failure, particularly heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. This disease constitutes about half of the heart failure population, but no proven treatment exists. We are currently pursuing a number of clinical studies examining which abnormalities contribute to functional limitation and symptoms of heart failure, as well as treatment studies seeking to identify novel strategies, devices and medicines to improve functional status and long term outcomes in these patients.
See my publications
See a description of research activities.