Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service.
To refer a patient:
Call 866-629-6362 (toll-free) or 480-301-7085. From outside the U.S.: 480-301-6539.
Call 800-634-1417 (toll-free) or 904-953-0321. From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000.
Call the Neurology Appointment Center at 507-284-1588 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-533-1564 (toll-free) or 507-538-1515.
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
June 26, 2021
- Neurology & Neurologist Surgery Staff & Services Directory. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. 2018.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Neurology. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2017-18. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- Mike Boland. Enterprise analytics. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2018.
- Leading NIH's Lewy body dementia initiative. Neurosciences Update. Mayo Clinic. 2020; 17:2.
- Find an epilepsy center. National Association of Epilepsy Centers. https://www.naec-epilepsy.org/. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- Emergency stroke center locations. National Stroke Association. http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/emergency-stroke-center-locations. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- The ALS Association certified centers and clinics. ALS Association. http://www.alsa.org/community/centers-clinics/. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- Lin MP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Nov. 27, 2019.
- Morgan J. Profile: Phillip Low: The autonomic expert. Lancet. 2017;doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(17)30287-9.
- New approaches to immunotherapy for glioblastoma. Neurosciences Update. Mayo Clinic. 2020; 17:2.
- Whole-patient epilepsy care: Uniting technology and psychosocial expertise. Neurosciences Update. Mayo Clinic. 2019; 16:5.
- Objective testing for sports-related concussion. Neurosciences Update. Mayo Clinic. 2019; 16:4.
- Brinjikni W et al. Impact of balloon guided catheter on technical and clinical outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurointerventional Surgery. 2018; doi:10.1136/neurintsurg-2017-013179.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 20, 2019.
- Alzheimer's disease research centers. National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/alzheimers-disease-research-centers. Accessed Dec. 16, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. March 28, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. March 30, 2019.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. July 19, 2017.
- AVMs: Advanced technology and expertise for complex pathology. Neurosciences Update. Mayo Clinic. 2020; 17:2.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Jan. 22, 2020.
- Freeman WD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Jan. 25, 2021.
- Sirven JI (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. April 21, 2021.