Precautions

Información sobre medicamentos proporcionada por: IBM Micromedex

It is very important that your doctor check your child's progress at regular visits to make sure this medicine is working properly and to check for unwanted effects.

You should not be given this medicine for the first time if you have had a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) within the previous 60 days.

This medicine may cause a serious allergic reaction, called anaphylaxis, which can be life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Tell your doctor right away if your child has a rash, itching, hoarseness, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth after using this medicine.

This medicine may cause eosinophilic gastrointestinal disease, including eosinophilic esophagitis (allergic swelling of the esophagus). Check with your doctor right away if you have trouble swallowing, vomiting, nausea, heartburn, chest pain, or stomach pain.

Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This includes prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines and herbal or vitamin supplements.