Chronic kidney disease care at Mayo Clinic
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, nephrologists and hypertension specialists work closely with other specialists, including cardiologists, endocrinologists, pharmacists, nurses, educators and dietitians to deliver high-quality, cost-effective care to people who have chronic kidney disease. This means that you're not getting just one opinion — you benefit from the knowledge and experience of each specialist.
Close collaboration enables the team to have your test results available quickly and to coordinate scheduling your appointments. Evaluation and treatment that might take months elsewhere can typically be done in only a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic patients have access to the latest imaging and diagnostic tools available, and there's a long history of Mayo Clinic scientists developing cutting-edge technologies for patient care. With state-of-the-art research and lab facilities, Mayo Clinic experts are constantly seeking new medical knowledge for the care of people with chronic kidney disease.
Nationally recognized expertise
Among Mayo Clinic doctors who treat people with chronic kidney disease are nationally recognized experts in:
- Treatment of polycystic kidney disease
- Treatment of complex glomerular disease
- Clinical management of chronic glomerular diseases
- Research of kidney disease with chronic liver disease
- Regenerative medicine and renal artery disease
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic nephrology and hypertension experts provide comprehensive care for more than 29,000 people with chronic kidney disease each year.
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic nephrologists and hypertension specialists work closely with other specialists, including cardiologists, endocrinologists, pharmacists, nurses, educators and dietitians to diagnose and treat people with chronic kidney disease.
- The latest techniques and technology. Mayo Clinic doctors use cutting-edge techniques in kidney transplantation. Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are also exploring the role regenerative medicine may play as a therapy for chronic kidney disease.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors are nationally recognized experts in the treatment of polycystic kidney disease, complex glomerular disease and regenerative medicine, and renal artery disease.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., has been recognized as the best Nephrology hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.