Adrenal cancer care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their expertise in diagnosing and treating adrenal cancer. At Mayo Clinic, you can expect compassionate and comprehensive care focused on your individual needs.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic doctors often work together in a multidisciplinary team so that all of your needs and all of your treatment options can be considered together. Your care team might include experts in endocrinology, surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and radiology. Other experts, including pediatric specialists, are included as needed.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic doctors are skilled at using the latest technology to make an accurate diagnosis of adrenal cancer. Pathologists at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience and training that they draw on when determining whether an adrenal mass is cancerous or noncancerous.
If you're diagnosed with adrenal cancer, you can consider a full range of treatment options. Your care team will work with you to determine which options are best for your situation and will take into account your personal preferences.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic doctors have the knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive care to those with adrenal cancers and to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, experts in endocrinology, surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and radiology form a multidisciplinary group to care for people with adrenal cancer. Other experts, including pediatric specialists, are included as needed.
- Diagnostic expertise. Adrenal cancer can be challenging to diagnose because the features of benign adrenal tumors and cancerous adrenal tumors can be similar. Mayo Clinic pathologists have experience analyzing adrenal tumors to help doctors make an accurate diagnosis and to help determine the most appropriate treatment.
- Experience. Adrenal cancers are rare, but Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience with these cancers. Each year, more than 200 people with adrenal cancer seek care at Mayo Clinic.
- Advanced treatments. Highly skilled surgeons at Mayo Clinic have the experience necessary to perform complex adrenal cancer operations, including adrenalectomy
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked highly performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.