Mayo Clinic's collaborative atmosphere enables its education, research and clinical practice staffs to innovate and improve patient care. The physician-scientists of the vascular centers regularly publish books, chapters and journal articles to advance the science. They present at local, national and international meetings and serve on the boards of specialty medical societies. And they conduct research to improve diagnosis and prevention and develop new treatment options.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Perfecting techniques of open and endovascular surgery to treat chronic mesenteric ischemia
- Improving care of people hospitalized with aortic dissection
- Comparing different surgical approaches to repairing aortic aneurysms
- Advancing the understanding of an underdiagnosed and undertreated cause of leg pain called peripheral artery disease
- Improving care for people with vascular malformations, such as Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome
- Finding new applications for robotic vascular surgery
See a list of publications about vascular medicine by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Research labs and focus areas
Explore research labs.
Research centers and programs