If an injury or exposure occurs at work, the Occupational Medicine team can help workers with injuries or illnesses covered under workers' compensation insurance.
- Direct care by Occupational Medicine specialists knowledgeable in Minnesota Workers' Compensation
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure testing, counseling and treatment
- Care coordination and communication with employers and qualified rehabilitation consultants (QRCs)/Disability Case Managers (DCMs)
- Evaluation for maximal medical improvement
- Work restrictions and return-to-work plans
- Coordination with other Mayo Clinic providers
- Impairment ratings and permanent partial disability (PPD) as applicable