The interventional pulmonology specialists at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota focus on advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for pulmonary and thoracic disease. Their methods include all types of bronchoscopy, thoracentesis, pleuroscopy and comprehensive evaluation of airway conditions.
Mayo Clinic interventional pulmonologists work closely with a multidisciplinary team including lung surgeons, cancer specialists and pathologists to develop an individualized treatment plan for you.
Interventional pulmonologists offer diagnostic and treatment services for all major lung problems, including comprehensive evaluations of:
- Abnormal chest X-rays
- Cancer in the lung and chest
- Chronic cough
- Coughing up blood (hemoptysis)
- Liquid around the lungs (pleural effusion)
- Persistent respiratory failure requiring tracheostomy placement and management
Other conditions treated
Other conditions treated include:
Mayo Clinic interventional pulmonologists also perform the following procedures:
- Argon plasma coagulation
- Balloon dilation
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
- Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial cryotherapy and biopsy
- Endobronchial laser treatment
- Endobronchial ultrasound biopsy
- Foreign body removal
- Microknife treatment of strictures
- Placement of endobronchial valves for persistent air leaks
- Placement of stents in the airways
- Radial endobronchial ultrasound biopsy
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Transbronchial cryobiopsy for diagnosis of interstitial lung disease
You may be referred by your primary doctor, or you may make an appointment without a referral. Availability of services may vary among Mayo Clinic locations. Please confirm when you call to request an appointment.
For appointments or more information about interventional pulmonology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona, call the Central Appointment Office at 800-446-2279 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain time, Monday through Friday, or complete an online appointment request form.
For appointments or more information about interventional pulmonology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida, call the Central Appointment Office at 904-953-0853 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday, or complete an online appointment request form.
For appointments or more about interventional pulmonology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota, call the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at 507-284-2079 or the Center for Sleep Medicine at 507-266-7456 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday, or complete an online appointment request form.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for respiratory disorders by U.S. News & World Report.