Expertise for complex neurological issues
Mayo Clinic physicians and other Department of Neurosurgery caregivers work together to provide comprehensive spine-related care
The care teams within the Department of Neurosurgery consist of neurosurgeons, neurologists and other health care professionals who are highly trained to provide evidence-based care to patients with spine injuries.
Boeing members and dependents can expect exceptional spine-related care by world-renowned teams in a caring and nurturing environment, employing the most advanced medical knowledge and capabilities.
Choose Mayo Clinic for neurosurgical care
- Research. Mayo Clinic's long history of pioneering medical research means patients have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities and numerous groundbreaking clinical trials. Mayo Clinic experts are constantly seeking new knowledge to improve diagnosis, therapies and outcomes for people with more than 500 different brain and nervous system disorders.
- Collaborative care. Neurosurgeons at Mayo Clinic are part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team of doctors and health care professionals who provide individualized care for each patient. The care team in the Department of Neurosurgery collaborates with experts in many specialties to provide you with comprehensive care. These experts include physicians trained in minimally invasive surgery; brain and nervous system conditions; tumors of the brain and nervous system; brain and nervous system imaging; musculoskeletal conditions; ear, nose and throat conditions; endocrine gland conditions; and treating cancer with radiation, as well as experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
- Focused on you. Having all this expertise in a single place, focused on you, means that you're not just getting one opinion — your care is discussed among the team, your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination. The most highly specialized experts in the world are all working together for you. What might take weeks or even months to accomplish elsewhere can typically be done in a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
Read about our specialists, then get started with the Boeing Centers of Excellence program.
- Bernard R. Bendok, M.D. — chair
- Maziyar A. Kalani, M.D.
- Pelagia E. Kouloumberis, M.D.
- Chandan Krishna, M.D.
- Mark K. Lyons, M.D.
- Jamal McClendon, Jr., M.D.
- Matthew T. Neal, M.D.
- Naresh P. Patel, M.D.
- Ali Turkmani, M.D.
- Richard S. Zimmerman, M.D.