Expertise for complex cardiac issues
Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiac surgeons work together on your care
Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiac (heart) surgeons work together to evaluate, diagnose and treat conditions of the heart utilizing the most advanced techniques and technologies, including minimally invasive surgery.
Our cardiac team, including both surgeons and cardiologists, treats a wide range of conditions and performs many complex procedures, including:
Choose Mayo Clinic for cardiac care
- Research. Mayo Clinic's long history of pioneering medical research means patients have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities and numerous groundbreaking clinical trials. Mayo Clinic cardiologists and surgeons are constantly seeking new knowledge to improve diagnosis and therapies for patients.
- Collaborative care. Cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons at Mayo Clinic are part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team of doctors and health care professionals who provide individualized care for each patient. These experts include anesthetists, pathologists, radiologists, physical therapists and doctors in many other specialties as well as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians and geneticists.
- Focused on you. Having all this expertise in a single place, focused on you, means that you're not just getting one opinion — your care is discussed among the team, your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination.
- Top ranked. Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona is ranked among the Best Hospitals for cardiology and cardiac surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Read about our specialists, then get started with the Boeing Centers of Excellence program.
- Patrick A. DeValeria, M.D.
- F. David Fortuin, M.D.
- Louis A. Lanza, M.D.
- Richard W. Lee, M.D.
- Octavio E. Pajaro, M.D., Ph.D.
- Luis R. Scott, M.D.
- Win-Kuang Shen, M.D.
- Dan Sorajja, M.D.
- Komandoor Srivathsan, M.D.
- John P. Sweeney, M.D.
- Eric H. Yang, M.D.