Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a caring service environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued at every level of the organization. Our mission is to be recognized by patients, employees, peer institutions and the community as the leading model for diversity and inclusion.
We have defined these goals to achieve this mission:
April 10, 2014
- Caring with awareness. Provide high-quality, culturally appropriate care in a welcoming environment to all patients.
- Reflecting our community. Increase the diversity of the patients we serve in order to develop new treatments that lead to higher quality outcomes and a reduction in health disparities for all people.
- Welcoming to all. Ensure an inclusive work environment where participation of diverse employees is encouraged at all levels of the organization.
- Balancing opportunities. Increase the proportion of women and minority students, faculty, administrators and staff where underrepresented within our organization.
- Developing talent. Recruit and mentor individuals in order to increase the proportion of women and minorities in senior leadership positions.
- Pursuing health equity. Identify and eliminate health disparities and become a national leader in the science and promotion of health equity.