- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic specialists perform hundreds of vertebroplasties. Mayo was one of the first centers in the U.S. to offer vertebroplasty.
- Cutting-edge medicine. Mayo Clinic specialists use the latest imaging technology to pinpoint the source of back pain. During vertebroplasty Mayo specialists use sophisticated image guidance and minimally invasive techniques that speed your recovery.
- Team approach. Treating spinal compression fractures takes cooperation by specialists in radiology (neuroradiologists), neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and endocrinology. Mayo specialists work together so that you get the expertise you need to solve your problem.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic doctor will take time to discuss options and answer your questions about vertebroplasty.
- New ideas. Mayo Clinic researchers are studying improved materials and techniques for treating compression fractures in the spine. You have access to the expertise of Mayo's clinician-researchers.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics and for rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report.
Feb. 24, 2011