The results of a tilt table test are based on whether you faint during the test and what happens to your blood pressure and heart rate. Depending on the results, your doctor may recommend additional tests to exclude other causes of fainting.
March 24, 2015
- Hatoum T, et al. A practical approach to investigation of syncope. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2014;30:671.
- Tilt table testing. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/cardiovascular_tests_and_procedures/tilt_table_testing.html. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Olshansky B. Upright tilt table testing in the evaluation of syncope. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Heart test. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Symptoms-Diagnosis/Heart-Test. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Rea RF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2015.