Mayo Clinic researchers conduct basic and clinical research related to spinal cord injuries. Researchers also study outcomes, new treatment options and other areas related to spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
Mayo Clinic researchers conduct many studies related to spinal cord injury, including nerve regeneration in the spinal cord system, breathing function restoration in people who depend on ventilators, diaphragmatic pacing system and other areas.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on spinal cord injury rehabilitation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 02, 2014
- John R. Henley, Ph.D.
- Carlos B. Mantilla, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ronald K. Reeves, M.D.
- Daniel E. Rohe, Ph.D., L.P.
- Isobel A. Scarisbrick, Ph.D.
- Gary C. Sieck, Ph.D.
- Robert J. Spinner, M.D.
- Anthony J. Windebank, M.D.
- Michael J. Yaszemski, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kristin D. Zhao, Ph.D.
- Spinal cord injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/sci/detail_sci.htm. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Spinal trauma. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/injuries_poisoning/spinal_trauma/spinal_trauma.html?qt=spinal trauma&alt=sh. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Provider profile. CARF International. http://www.carf.org/providerProfile.aspx?cid=8020. Accessed April 17, 2014.