Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, radiologists form a multidisciplinary team with surgeons, oncologists and radiation oncologists to provide whole-person care for people undergoing radiofrequency ablation for cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic radiologists have extensive experience performing radiofrequency ablation. Each year, Mayo Clinic radiologists perform more than 200 radiofrequency ablation procedures for people with cancer.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic radiologists are studying new ways of using radiofrequency ablation to treat cancer. People who seek care at Mayo Clinic may choose to participate in studies of radiofrequency ablation.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
March 12, 2015
- Wein AJ, et al. Ablative therapy for renal tumors. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Lung metastases. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Jarnagin WR. Radiofrequency ablation for liver tumors. In: Blumgart's Surgery of the Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Callstrom MR, et al. Image-guided ablation of skeletal metastases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 28, 2015.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2014.