Mayo Clinic participated in the National Emphysema Treatment Trial, which evaluated lung volume reduction surgery to identify who is most likely to benefit from the surgery and define characteristics that predict both negative and positive surgical outcomes.
See a list of publications on lung volume reduction surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 11, 2017
- Surgery. American Lung Association. http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/copd/diagnosing-and-treating/surgery.html. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Interventional and surgical approaches to lung disease. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Hospital rankings by specialty. U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Rankings, 2016-2017. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 9, 2017.
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT): Evaluation of lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-pro/resources/lung/national-emphysema-treatment-trial. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Martinez FJ. Lung volume reduction surgery in COPD. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Benzo R. Lung volume reduction surgery: Nonpharmacological approach. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology. 2011;24:44.
Lung volume reduction surgery