Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is offered at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Hyperbaric oxygen consultations are available only by internal referral from Mayo Clinic physicians for management of specific medical conditions. Patients seeking referral should arrange an appointment with an appropriate Mayo Clinic specialist for evaluation of their primary medical condition.
For appointments or more information, call the Central Appointment Office at 507-538-3270 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday or complete an online appointment request form.
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.
Oct. 27, 2011
- Morgan GE, et al. Critical care. In: Morgan GE, et al. Clinical Anesthesiology. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=895845. Accessed Sept. 19, 2011.
- Gill AL, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen: Its uses, mechanisms of action and outcomes. QJM. 2004;97:385.
- Mechem CC, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2011.
- Olson KR. Oxygen and hyperbaric oxygen. In: Olson KR. Poisoning & Drug Overdose. 5th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill; 2007. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2681650. Accessed Sept. 19, 2011.
- Patel PM, et al. General anesthetics and therapeutic gases. In: Brunton LL, et al. Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 12th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aid=16664636. Accessed Sept. 20, 2011.
- Indications for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. http://membership.uhms.org/?page=Indications. Accessed Sept. 20, 2011.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/HerbsVitaminsandMinerals/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy. Accessed Sept. 20, 2011.