ResearchBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Researchers at Mayo Clinic are working to improve EUS and explore further applications of the technique. Specific efforts involve determining risk factors for EUS of the lower digestive tract, the role of endoscopic ultrasound in lung cancer staging, and the lack of association between tumor recurrence and EUS with fine-needle aspiration.
Read more about research in Mayo Clinic's Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on endoscopic ultrasound on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 12, 2014
- Greenberger NJ, et al., eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Endoscopy. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookID=390. Accessed Feb. 26, 2004.
- Lee LS, et al. Update on advanced endoscopic techniques for the pancreas: Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, drainage and biopsy, and endoscopic ultrasound. Radiologic Clinics of North America. 2012;50:547.
- LeBlanc JK. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in the mediastinum. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. March 19, 2014.
- Wiersema MJ, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy in the gastrointestinal tract. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Wiersema MJ, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound in esophageal carcinoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Bulman W, et al. Acquisition and processing of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration specimens in the era of targeted lung cancer chemotherapy. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2012;186:606.
- Fasanella KE, et al. Therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Fujii LL, et al. Pitfalls in EUS FNA. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America. 2014;24:125.
- AskMayoExpert. Common procedures and associated bleeding risks. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Levy MJ, et al. Prospective evaluation of adverse events following lower gastrointestinal tract EUS FNA. American Journal of Gastroenterology. In press.
- Maldonado F, et al. Invasive and noninvasive advances in the staging of lung cancer. Seminars in Oncology. 2014;41:17.
- Ngamruengphong S, et al. Risk of gastric or peritoneal recurrence, and long-term outcomes, following pancreatic cancer resection with preoperative endosonographically guided fine needle aspiration. Endoscopy. 2013;45:619.