You may need to avoid taking blood-thinning medications for a period of time before the procedure. Your doctor will give you specific instructions about what medicines you can take. You will need to avoid food or drink the morning before the test.
Jan. 09, 2015
- Pope TL, ed. Musculoskeletal Imaging (Expert Radiology). 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Benzon HT, ed. Practical Management of Pain. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your lumbar discography test. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Staiger TO, et al. Diagnostic testing for low back pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Eck JC, et al. Guideline update for the performance of fusio procedures for degenerative disease of the lumbar spine. Part 6: Discography for patient selection. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2014;21:37.
- Waldman SD, ed. Atlas of Interventional Pain Management. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Dec. 7, 2014.