- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic specialists perform hundreds of chemical peel treatments.
- Expertise. Improperly done, a chemical peel can result in complications, including infection and permanent scars. At Mayo Clinic, a chemical peel is done only by board-certified doctors or physician assistants trained in cosmetic procedures.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist will take time to discuss options and answer your questions about chemical peels.
- Efficient care. At Mayo Clinic, your appointments are coordinated, so you usually can complete your treatment in a few days.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May 30, 2012
- Bernstein EF. Chemical peels. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. 2002;21:27.
- Friedman S, et al. Chemical peels, dermabrasion and laser therapy. 2009;55:223.
- Landau M. Chemical peels. Clinics in Dermatology. 2008;26:200.
- Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=3007358. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Chemical peel. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/chemical-peel.html. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Chemical peel information. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/_ConsumerPage.aspx?id=508&terms=chemical%20peel#. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Facial peels and laser surgery. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. http://www.aafprs.org/patient/procedures/resurfacing.html. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Roenigk RK, et al. Roenigk's Dermatologic Surgery: Current Techniques in Procedural Dermatology. New York, N.Y.: Informa Healthcare;2007:763.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 18, 2012.