- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists perform dozens of chemical peel treatments every year.
- Expertise. Improperly done, a chemical peel can result in complications, including infection and permanent scars. At Mayo Clinic, a chemical peel is done only by board-certified doctors or physician assistants trained in cosmetic procedures.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist will take time to discuss options and answer your questions about chemical peels.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May 20, 2015
- Bolognia JL, et al. Chemical and mechanical resurfacing. In: Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2015.
- Chemical peel. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/chemical-peel.html. Accessed March 27, 2015.
- Flint PW, et al. Management of aging skin. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2015.
- Anitha B. Prevention of complications in chemical peeling. Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery. 2010;3:186.
- Langsdon PR, et al. Latest chemical peel innovations. Facial and Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2012;20:119.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 6, 2015.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 6, 2015.