If you get plenty of sleep and still have dark circles under your eyes, that's not unusual. Fatigue isn't the only reason for dark circles under your eyes. What appear to be dark circles under your eyes are sometimes just shadows cast by puffy eyelids or hollows under your eyes that develop as a normal part of aging.
Apr. 08, 2014
- Alsaad SM, et al. Periocular hyperpigmentation: A review of etiology and current treatment options. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 2013;12:154.
- Roh MR, et al. Infraorbital dark circles: Definition, causes, and treatment options. Dermatologic Surgery. 2009;35:1163.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
- Freitag FM, et al. What causes dark circles under the eyes? Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. 2007;6:211.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 13, 2013.