Breast rash describes redness and irritation of the skin on your breast. A breast rash can also be itchy, scaly, painful or blistered.
Other terms used to describe a breast rash include dermatitis and hives.
April 11, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. Paget disease of the breast. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Wong RKS, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of acute and late radiation reactions from the MASCC skin toxicity study group. Support Care Cancer. 2013;21:2933.
- Hemati S, et al. Topical silver sulfadiazine for the prevention of acute dermatitis during irradiation for breast cancer. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20:1613.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- Adams JG. Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- Goljan EF. Rapid Review Pathology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- Banikarim C, et al. Mastitis and breast abscess in infants, children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 12, 2012.
- Rashes. U.S. National Library of Medicine. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/rashes.html. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.