Genital warts, which are sexually transmitted, increase the risk of cervical and other cancers. A vaccine for the virus that causes genital warts is available.
You don't have to accept vaginal problems as part of getting older. Discover treatment options.
Nov. 26, 2014
- Shapley M. Postcoital bleeding in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2014.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=399. Accessed Sept. 15, 2014.
- Tarney CM, et al. Postcoital bleeding: A review on etiology, diagnosis, and management. Obstetrics and Gynecology International. 2014;2014:192087.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 24, 2014.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2014.