What to Bring to Your Appointment
Bring the following with you when you come to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for your appointment:
- A list of your current medications and dosages. You may bring the bottles or containers with you to your first appointment.
- Medical information, and radiology images and reports supplied by your local doctor, if requested by Mayo Clinic.
- Any forms you were asked to bring with you.
- The name, address and telephone number of the doctor who referred you, if applicable.
- Written authorization of referral from your HMO or PPO, if you are covered by one of these organizations.
- Your insurance information and Medicare card, if you have one.
- A copy of your living will/advance directive for your doctor to review. It will then be placed in your medical record.
- Your Mayo Clinic registration number and plastic ID, if you were given one at an earlier visit.
- Bring your pharmacy name, address, city, state and ZIP code for any prescriptions you may need filled.
- Items to help pass the time while you wait between appointments. If you bring a laptop computer, Mayo Clinic has a free wireless network.
- You, your legal representative or your care provider have the right to request a chaperone during your examination or treatment.