Anyone can request an appointment at Mayo Clinic. If a physician referral is required, our appointment staff will advise you. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
In Florida, Mayo Clinic treats primarily adults, although some specialists see teenagers and young children. The Central Appointment Office staff can provide more details. Physicians in the Mayo Primary Care Centers treat patients of all ages, including infants and children.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Our Central Appointment Office staff is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- TDD hearing-impaired line: 904-953-2300
- Fax: 904-953-2898
Send a written request for an appointment to:
Central Appointment Office
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Ask Your Doctor
Your local physician also can refer you to Mayo Clinic and make an appointment for you. See referring a patient.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel it no later than 48 hours in advance so that the time can be given to another patient. A new appointment can be scheduled for you.
If you feel more comfortable speaking a language other than English, the clinic will arrange for an interpreter at no cost. Please request interpreting services at the time you make your appointment.
Before your clinic appointment, time permitting, you will receive an information packet. It will include:
- An appointment time and location for the date previously confirmed. Please pay special attention to the building where your appointment is scheduled (Cannaday Building, Davis Building, Mayo Building). The information will help you determine the most convenient parking lot.
- Instructions on any necessary preparations for scheduled tests, such as fasting.
- Registration information and other forms and instructions on how to complete them and return them to us.
- A Patient's Guide, which includes information to help your visit go smoothly. The guide includes maps and travel information. An Accommodations Guide also is included.