Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure to remove facial and body hair. The laser's intense heat disables the part of the hair that produces new growth (follicle). Long-term hair removal is often possible with multiple treatments.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
- Experience. Mayo Clinic cosmetic surgery specialists perform hundreds of laser hair removal treatments each year.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, laser hair removal is performed only by board-certified doctors or physician assistants trained in cosmetic surgery.
- Advanced technology. Mayo Clinic uses the safest and most advanced hair-removal systems available.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist take time to discuss options and answer your questions about laser hair removal.
- Efficient care. At Mayo Clinic, your appointments are coordinated, so you usually can complete your evaluation and treatment in a few days.
Read more about laser hair removal at MayoClinic.com.