Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Wilms' tumor
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Study of Kidney Tumors in Young Patients
Study type: Observational What is this?
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
About this study
This laboratory study is looking at kidney tumors in young patients. Collecting and storing samples of tumor tissue, blood, and urine from patients with cancer to study in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and identify biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help the study of cancer in the future.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
Print study details
- Rochester, Minnesota: 07-000195
NCT ID: NCT00898365
Sponsor Protocol Number: AREN03B2
May 04, 2017
- Ritchey ML, et al. Pediatric urologic oncology: Renal and adrenal. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 13, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Nephroblastoma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 13, 2017.
- Kieran K, et al. Current surgical standards of care in Wilms tumor. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations. 2016;34:13.
- Al-Hussain T, et al. Wilms tumor: An update. Advances in Anatomic Pathology. 2014;21:166.
- Cost NG, et al. Oncologic outcomes of partial versus radical nephrectomy for unilateral Wilms tumor. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 2012;58:898.
- Lubahn JD, et al. Correlation between preoperative staging computerized tomography and pathological findings after nodal sampling in children with Wilms tumor. Journal of Urology. 2012;188:1500.
- Cost NG, et al. Pathological review of Wilms tumor nephrectomy specimens and potential implications for nephron sparing surgery in Wilms tumor. Journal of Urology. 2012;188:1506.
- Wilms tumor. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/wilmstumor. Accessed Jan. 13, 2017.
- Chintagumpala M, et al. Presentation, diagnosis, and staging of Wilms tumor. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed Jan. 14, 2017.
- Chintagumpala M, et al. Treatment and prognosis of Wilms tumor. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2017.
- Children with cancer: A handbook for parents. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/children-with-cancer.pdf. Accessed Jan. 16, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Wilms tumor. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Granberg, CF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Mar. 1, 2017.
- Arndt CA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 1, 2017.
- National Library of Medicine. Your guide to understanding genetic conditions: Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Genetics Home Reference: https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/beckwith-wiedemann-syndrome. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.