Risk factors for developing uterine polyps include:
Aug. 29, 2015
- Being perimenopausal or postmenopausal
- Having high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Being obese
- Taking tamoxifen, a drug therapy for breast cancer
- Stewart EA. Endometrial polyps. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 10, 2015.
- Cooper NAM, et al. Outpatient versus inpatient uterine polyp treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding: Randomised controlled non-inferiority study. British Medical Journal. 2015;350:h1398.
- Salim S, et al. Diagnosis and management of endometrial polyps: A critical review of the literature. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 2011;18:569.