- Efficient care. Your Mayo Clinic urology care team can move you quickly from diagnosis to recovery, often within a few days of your initial visit. Team members coordinate all your care on the Mayo Clinic campus.
- Expertise. Highly skilled urologists at Mayo Clinic perform both minimally invasive and reconstructive surgical techniques to treat urethral stricture disease.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic urologists and their teams are highly trained, often with additional specialty training to deal with complex urethral reconstructive procedures. Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 900 people with urethral stricture each year.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Sept. 04, 2015
- Peterson A. Treatment of urethral stricture disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Urethral stricture disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Urinary retention. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/urologic-disease/urinary-retention/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed July 30, 2015.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Surgery of the penis and urethra. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 30, 2015.
- Wolter CE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 10, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2015.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 17, 2015.