- Efficient care. Your Mayo Clinic urology care team can move you quickly from diagnosis to recovery, often within a few days of your initial visit. Team members coordinate all your care on the Mayo Clinic campus.
- Expertise. Highly skilled urologists at Mayo Clinic perform both minimally invasive and reconstructive surgical techniques to treat urethral stricture disease.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic urologists and their teams are highly trained, often with additional specialty training to deal with complex urethral reconstructive procedures. Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 900 people with urethral stricture each year.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Sept. 04, 2015
- Peterson A. Treatment of urethral stricture disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Urethral stricture disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Urinary retention. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/urologic-disease/urinary-retention/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed July 30, 2015.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Surgery of the penis and urethra. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 30, 2015.
- Wolter CE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 10, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2015.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 17, 2015.