- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in blood vessel conditions (vascular specialists), blood vessel surgery (vascular surgeons), heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons), chest surgery (thoracic surgeons), heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists), imaging (radiologists), and other medical specialists have experience evaluating and treating thoracic aortic aneurysms and other types of aneurysms.
- Team approach. Doctors at Mayo Clinic trained in many areas work together as a multidisciplinary team to evaluate and treat your condition.
- Diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic doctors use the most current imaging tests available to accurately diagnose thoracic aortic aneurysms and determine your treatment. Tests may include echocardiography, computerized tomography (CT) angiogram, magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA) and other tests. Genetic specialists may order genetic tests.
Treatment expertise. Doctors at Mayo have expertise and experience in treating thoracic aortic aneurysms using the most current endovascular surgery, open chest surgery, aortic root surgery and other treatment options. Mayo doctors have experience performing surgery to treat a thoracic aortic aneurysm located anywhere in the thoracic aorta. Doctors also have training and expertise treating Marfan syndrome and related conditions in the Marfan Syndrome Clinic.
Doctors at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota also have experience treating children with heart conditions (pediatric cardiologists).
- Individualized care. Doctors at Mayo evaluate your condition and determine the most appropriate care for you.
- Vascular centers. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a vascular center staffed by trained doctors and nurses who have experience treating vascular diseases. Vascular centers include the Gonda Vascular Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota and vascular centers at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Florida.
- Research. Mayo doctors study potential diagnostic tests and treatments for thoracic aortic aneurysms and other vascular conditions, and may conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.