Tendinitis can usually be diagnosed during the physical exam alone. Your doctor may order X-rays or other imaging tests if he or she needs to rule out other conditions that may be causing your signs and symptoms.
Nov. 14, 2014
- Adams JG. Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Bursitis and tendinitis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bursitis/default.asp. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Tendinitis and bursitis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Diseases_And_Conditions/Tendinitis_and_Bursitis/. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Khan K, et al. Overview of overuse (chronic) tendinopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Khan K, et al. Overview of the management of overuse (chronic) tendinopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Protect your tendons: Preventing the pain of tendinitis. National Institute of Health News in Health. http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/jun2014/feature2. Accessed Oct. 2, 2014.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2014.
- Andia I, et al. Platelet-rich plasma in the conservative treatment of painful tendinopathy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled studies. British Medical Bulletin. 2014;110:99.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.