Some people naturally sweat more or less than other people. Body odor also can vary from person to person. But you should see a doctor if:
Jan. 25, 2014
- You suddenly begin to sweat much more or less than usual
- Sweating disrupts your daily routine
- You experience night sweats for no apparent reason
- You notice a change in your body odor
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed July 18, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 18, 2013.
- Smith CC, et al. Primary focal hyperhidrosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 18, 2013.
- Shirasu M, et al. The scent of disease: Volatile organic compounds of the human body related to disease and disorder. Journal of Biochemistry. 2011;150:257.