Mayo Clinic researchers are studying ways to improve the treatment of gastroesophageal junction cancer and stomach cancer.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Scientists in the Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Program conduct basic research on cancer immunotherapy.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on stomach cancer and gastroesophageal junction cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 18, 2016
- AskMayoExpert. Esophageal and gastric cancer. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Cancer of the stomach and gastroesophageal junction. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Feldman M, et al. Adenocarcinoma of the stomach and other gastric tumors. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Gastric cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors treatment – Patient version (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/soft-tissue-sarcoma/patient/gist-treatment-pdq. Accessed March 24, 2016.
- Palliative care. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Singh S, et al. Physical activity is associated with reduced risk of gastric cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Prevention Research. 2014;7:12.