Why choose Mayo Clinic for sleep disorders
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in many areas have experience diagnosing and treating sleep disorders at Mayo Clinic. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a sleep disorders center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and staffed by specialists trained in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
Team approach. Doctors trained in many areas work together to determine the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
Doctors trained in mental health conditions (psychiatrists and psychologists), brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), lung and breathing conditions (pulmonologists), children's conditions (pediatricians), ear, nose and throat conditions (otorhinolaryngologists), dental conditions, and other specialties work together to diagnose and treat several types of sleep disorders.
- Research. Researchers study new diagnostic tests and treatments for sleep disorders and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for respiratory disorders, for neurology and neurosurgery, and for ear, nose and throat in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery and for psychiatry by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Mayo Clinic doctors treat the full spectrum of sleep disorders, including:
Feb. 07, 2014
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Find a sleep center near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-center. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed July 9, 2013.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2013.