Sleep disorders are changes in sleeping patterns or habits. Signs and symptoms of sleep disorders include excessive daytime sleepiness, irregular breathing or increased movement during sleep, difficulty sleeping, and abnormal sleep behaviors.
A sleep disorder can affect your overall health, safety and quality of life. With accurate diagnosis, doctors can treat most sleep disorders effectively.
Feb. 07, 2014
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Find a sleep center near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-center. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed July 9, 2013.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2013.