Mayo Clinic specialists in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery study salivary gland cancer and other head and neck cancers.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on salivary gland cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 22, 2015
- Debra L. Barton, R.N.
- Edward T. Creagan, M.D.
- Robert L. Foote, M.D.
- Yolanda I. Garces, M.D.
- Jan L. Kasperbauer, M.D.
- Charles L. Loprinzi, M.D.
- Julian R. Molina, M.D., Ph.D.
- Eric J. Moore, M.D.
- Scott H. Okuno, M.D.
- Kerry D. Olsen, M.D.
- Daniel L. Price, M.D.
- David I. Smith, Ph.D.
- Salivary gland cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/salivarygland/healthprofessional. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Flint PW, et al. Malignant neoplasms of the salivary glands. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Head and neck cancers. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/side-effects/dry-mouth-or-xerostomia. Accessed April 3, 2015.
- Cancer-related fatigue. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 17, 2014.
- Laurie SA. Salivary gland tumors: Epidemiology, diagnosis, evaluation and staging. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 6, 2015.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 6, 2015.