Roseola will likely keep your child home for a few days. When staying home with your child, plan low-key activities that you both will enjoy. If your child is sick and you need to return to work, recruit help from your partner or from other relatives and friends.
May 28, 2015
- Tremblay C, et al. Roseola infantum (exanthem subitum). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2015.
- Tremblay C, et al. Human herpes virus 6 infection in children: Clinical manifestations; diagnosis; and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2015.
- Mamishi S, et al. Prevalence of HHV-6 in cerebrospinal fluid of children younger than 2 years of age with febrile convulsion. Iranian Journal of Microbiology. 2014;6(2):87. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4281666/. Accessed April 8, 2015.
- Roseola infantum. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/miscellaneous_viral_infections_in_infants_and_children/roseola_infantum.html?qt=human herpesvirus 6&alt=sh. Accessed April 8, 2015.
- NINDS Reye's syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/reyes_syndrome/reyes_syndrome.htm. Accessed April 8, 2015.
- What is the role of aspirin in triggering Reye's? National Reye's Syndrome Foundation. http://www.reyessyndrome.org/aspirin.html. Accessed April 8, 2015.