Most prolactinomas occur in women between 20 and 34 years old, but can occur in both sexes at any age. The disorder is rare in children.
March 28, 2015
- Prolactinoma. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/prolact/prolact.htm. Accessed Feb. 10, 2015.
- Melmed S, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia: An Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;96:273.
- Kars M, et al. Update in prolactinomas. The Netherlands Journal of Medicine. 2010;68:104.
- Snyder PJ. Clinical manifestations and evaluation of hyperprolactinemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 10, 2015.
- Snyder PJ. Treatment of hyperprolactinemia due to lactotroph adenoma and other causes. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 10, 2015.
- Martinkova J, et al. Impulse control disorders associated with dopaminergic medication in patients with pituitary adenomas. Clinical Neuropharmacology. 2011;34:179.