- Experience. Mayo doctors are experienced in managing pouchitis, treating more than 500 people annually who have this condition.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have the expertise and tools to distinguish pouchitis from other possible causes of your symptoms and to effectively treat the disease you have. We listen closely to your concerns and explain our findings in plain language.
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, a multidisciplinary team of experts including surgeons, digestive disease specialists, pathologists and others work together to find the best option for your situation.
- Efficiency. At Mayo, we run all necessary tests ourselves. You can see all the specialists you need in one convenient location, usually during the same visit.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
June 11, 2015
- Chowdhry S, et al. Update on the pathogenesis and management of pouchitis. Current Infectious Disease Reports. 2014;16:442.
- Feldman, M, et al. Ileostomy, colostomy, and pouches. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 9, 2015.
- Batista D, et al. Role of intestinal bacteria in the pathogenesis of pouchitis. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. 2014;20:1481.
- Shen B. Pouchitis: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 9, 2015.
- Shen B. Pouchitis: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 9, 2015.
- Corticosteroids. Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. http://www.ccfa.org/resources/corticosteroids.html. Accessed April 13, 2015.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 9, 2015.