A popliteal artery aneurysm is an abnormal bulge that occurs in the wall of the artery that runs through the area behind your knee joint.
May. 05, 2014
- Peripheral arterial aneurysms. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/peripheral_arterial_disorders/peripheral_arterial_aneurysms.html?qt=peripheral%20artery%20aneurysm&alt=sh. Accessed Nov. 8, 2013.
- Reed AB. Popliteal artery aneurysm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 8, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 11, 2013.
- Hall HA, et al. Peripheral artery aneurysm. The Surgical Clinics of North America. 2013;93:911.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Nov. 18, 2013.
- Reed AB. Surgical and endovascular repair of popliteal artery aneurysm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 8, 2013.
- Mohan IV, et al. Peripheral arterial aneurysms: Open or endovascular surgery? Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases. 2013;56:36.
- Huang Y, et al. Early complications and long-term outcome after open surgical treatment of popliteal artery aneurysms: Is exclusion with saphenous vein bypass still the gold standard? Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2007;45:706.
- Trinidad-Hernandez M, et al. Results of elective and emergency endovascular repairs of popliteal artery aneurysms. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2013;57:1299.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.