The risk of polycythemia vera increases with age. It is more common in adults older than 60, though the disease can occur at any age.
April 10, 2014
- Tefferi A. Diagnostic approach to the patient with suspected polycythemia vera. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 18, 2013.
- Polycythemia vera. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/poly/. Accessed Nov. 18, 2013.
- Tefferi A. Polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: 2013 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and management. American Journal of Hematology. 2013;88:508.
- Soriano G, et al. Polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: New developments in biology with therapeutic implications. Current Opinion in Hematology. 2013;20:169.
- Tefferi A. Prognosis and treatment of polycythemia vera. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 18, 2013.