Complications of pityriasis rosea aren't likely, but if they do occur, they may include:
Jul. 03, 2012
- Severe itching
- Lasting brown spots after the rash has healed, on dark skin
- Pityriasis rosea. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dermatologic_disorders/psoriasis_and_scaling_diseases/pityriasis_rosea.html?qt=pityriasis&alt=sh. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- Goldstein AO, et al. Pityriasis rosea. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- Habif TP. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-7234-3541-9..X0001-6--TOP&isbn=978-0-7234-3541-9&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed April 23, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.