ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Complications of pityriasis rosea aren't likely. If they do occur, they may include:
July 02, 2015
- Severe itching
- On dark skin, lasting brown spots after the rash has healed
- Pityriasis rosea. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dermatologic_disorders/psoriasis_and_scaling_diseases/pityriasis_rosea. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Goldstein AO, et al. Pityriasis rosea. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Habif TP. Psoriasis and other papulosquamous diseases. In: Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Maryland Heights, Mo.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2015.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Diseases of the epidermis. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. Pityriasis rosea. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Pityriasis rosea. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org. Accessed April 28, 2015.
- Honigsmann H. UVB therapy (broadband and narrowband). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 29, 2015.