- Experience. Several urologists at Mayo Clinic specialize in treating Peyronie's (pa-ro-NEEZ) disease and treat hundreds of men who have this disorder each year.
- Careful evaluation. Mayo specialists are careful in evaluating each man and in trying to find the right therapy for your situation: medication, physical therapy or surgery.
- Expertise. Mayo specialists have expert knowledge about all experimental therapies for Peyronie's disease and are skilled at the delicate microsurgery to restore normal shape and function of the penis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 18, 2011
- Peyronie's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/peyronie. Accessed May 31, 2011.
- Brant WO, et al. Peyronie's disease: Diagnosis and medical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Brant WO, et al. Surgical management of Peyronie's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Kumar R. Surgical and minimally invasive treatments for Peyronie's disease. Current Opinion in Urology. 2009;19:589.